The production of electricity creates pollution so if you reduce the amount of energy you use you can also reduce the amount of pollution you add to the environment.
So if you care about the world you live in and want to reduce the amount of electricity you consume here are some simple things you can do to help save energy and reduce the damage you are causing to the environment.
- When you go to bed at night switch off all electrical equipment such as your television and DVD player. Don’t leave it on sleep or standby mode as they will still use energy.
- If you can switch it off at the socket that is best as even when the equipment is switched off it will still draw small amounts of energy
- Swap your light bulbs for energy efficient alternatives – these last longer and use less electricity
- Turn your air-con units up a couple of degrees, this will save large quantities of energy and reduce your bill each month
- Switch off your computer monitor, leaving it on overnight could waste enough energy to laser print 800 sheets of paper